Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thought for the day

We all have a best friend, someone we can trust to tell all our secrets to. Someone we know will always be there for us no matter what. It could be the person you hang out with every day, your spouse, your pet, even your mom, dad or sibling. The bond we have with this person is different than any other bond we could possibly form with some one. They're not the friends that tell you what you want to hear. They are the people you ask advice from because you know they will give you their honest opinion. They are not afraid to tell you that you are being dumb and unreasonable. They are the people who smack you on your head when you do something dumb. Yet at the same time they will be the first to defend you in any situation, and pick you up at your lowest moments. They are not only there for the highs in your life, but they stand tall with you at your very low points as well. Never once even considering leaving. They will support you through anything and always see the best in you even on your worst days.
You need to cherish your best friend before it's to late. Tell them how much you appreciate them and care about them. Though they probably already know it makes them feel special and happy to know that their feelings of love respect and loyalty are mutual. Take it from someone who has recently lost one of the best friends in her life, you regret not showing your love. When she died a part of my heart died with her. The worst part about it I don't think she ever knew how much she actually means to me. And that's my fault, because I didn't show her, I didn't tell her how much I loved her. Luckily I still have my other best friend, and all my other loved ones around me to make the hurt less.  But I make sure that they know how much they mean to me.
So my task for you today, is to go to the people you love, tell them and show them how much you love and appreciate them. Encourage them to do the same, because life is short for everyone, you dont want to miss your chance to say I love you.